We've been a little busy kicking off the new year, planning a holiday party, super bowl, Block Kids and great professional development meetings. So frankly, we forgot to share our Officer and Board Member installation ceremony and announcements! The installation ceremony was held at Carmen's Cafe in Brookside and Vickie Nickel, past Midwest Region Director conducted the ceremony. She shared some outstanding word on setting our compass for the future and chapter member, also presented each officer and director with a lovely pocket/travel compass. Since this was the first official chapter gathering since the 2018 Annual Conference in Orlando Fl, the chapter celebrated receiving the 2018-2019 National Marketing & Membership Award at the conference in August.
The following chapter members were elected in May 2018 and installed on Sept. 17, 2018:
2018-2019 NAWIC Ch. #100 Officers:
Board of Directors:
Brief profiles of these leaders can be found on our 2018-2019 Leadership Team page. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Karen Cox, National NAWIC Communications released the following statement:
FORT WORTH, TEXAS — The National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC) installed Dove Sifers-Putman, CBT, as its 64th National President during NAWIC’s Annual Conference in Orlando, Florida on Friday, Aug. 17, 2018. Sifers-Putman, of Environamics, Inc., has been a member of NAWIC’s Charlotte, NC Chapter since 1996.
NAWIC also installed officers President-Elect Diane Mike, CBT, Fort Worth, TX Chapter; Vice President Anne Pfleger, CIT, Lima Ohio Area Chapter; Treasurer Doreen Bartoldus, PE, CCM, LEED GA, ENV SP, Greater New York Chapter; Secretary Jill Hanson, CIT, Tampa, FL Chapter; and Immediate Past President Catherine Schoenenberger, Granite State NH Chapter.
In addition to the officers, the NAWIC board includes a director from each of the association’s eight regions. Each director serves a two-year term and is elected by her peers to bring the wishes and needs of the chapters to the attention of the association. New directors installed include:
• Midwest Region Director Jodi Wiemerslage, Southeast Minnesota Chapter;
• North Central Region Director Rita Brown, Detroit, MI Chapter;
• Northeast Region Director Jennifer Sproul, LEED AP, Baltimore, MD Chapter;
• Pacific Southwest Region Director Myrna Smith, CIT, San Diego, CA Chapter;
NAWIC region directors serving the second year of their term include:
• Pacific Northwest Region Director Lauline Mitchell, San Francisco, Calif. Chapter;
• South Atlantic Region Director Kristey Stewart, CIT, Durham, N.C. Chapter;
• South Central Region Director Laurie Jimenez, CBT, Houston, Texas Chapter; and
• Southeast Region Director Karen Hager, CBT, CIT, Greater Orlando, Fla. Chapter.
# # #
Greater Kansas City NAWIC Chapter #100