Gr. Kansas City, MO NAWIC Scholarship Foundation
Over the last 38 years, we have granted over $250,000 to female and male students majoring in construction-related programs. This year, we will be announcing scholarship recipients by May 1, 2019. If you would like to apply for a NAWIC Gr. Kansas City, Missouri Scholarship, please download and complete the application and follow the instruction. Applications and transcript must be postmarked by March 31, 2019.
APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
IRS 501 (c) (3) Status
The purpose of the Greater Kansas City, MO NAWIC Scholarship Foundation is to promote and enhance the construction industry through the granting of scholarship assistance to students pursuing academic studies in construction related fields.
It shall be the policy of the corporation to grant equal consideration to all applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, handicap, age or national origin.
Members of the National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC) and their immediate families (husband, son, daughter, father, mother, sister, or brother) shall not be eligible for scholarship grants.
APPLICANT: Complete all sections of this application. Type or print using black ink. Use N/A if a question does not apply. Application must be completed to be considered. Applicant has the ultimate responsibility to insure that the application, attachments and transcripts are received by the Greater Kansas City, MO NAWIC Scholarship Foundation.
Mail or E-Mail application to:
13730 W 108th Street
Lenexa, KS 66215
POSTMARKED BY MARCH 31, 2019 (THE DEADLINE IS STRICTLY ENFORCED)
- Applicant must be pursuing a career in a construction-related field. Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student and have at least one term of study remaining in a course of studies leading to a degree or an associate degree in a construction-related field.
- Part-time students are not eligible for awards.
- Scholarships are not automatically renewed. Grant recipients are eligible to reapply annually.
- Applicant is responsible for insuring that all items listed below are submitted to the Foundation and postmarked by March 31, 2019. Applications may be sent by e-mail, but it must be signed, then scanned and sent in order to be accepted. Please do not send by registered or certified mail.
- Completed and signed two-page application form.
- Attachments for Section III, Construction Interest and Participation. Identify each attachment sheet with applicant's name.
- Official transcript of grades and classes.
- Applications will be reviewed and recipients selected at the discretion of the Trustees of the Greater Kansas City, MO NAWIC Scholarship Foundation. When selecting scholarship recipients, the Trustees will take into consideration the applicant's grade point average, financial need, interest in the construction industry, extra-curricular activities, special achievements, year of study, and residency.
- Applications will be reviewed and recipients selected by May 1, 2019. All applicants will be notified in writing of their status.
- Recipients will be required to submit an Official Transcript of spring semester grades upon completion and verification of fall enrollment with a class schedule prior to checks being disbursed for the fall semester, and again for the spring semester. Grades must indicate satisfactory progress and recipients must continue to meet eligibility requirements.
- Checks will be sent to the school Financial Aid Department in the recipient's name.
Good luck to all applicants.